Use these instructions to debug event handlers on a Relativity web server from your workstation:
- Configure remote debugging on the Relativity web server. See How to: Set Up Remote Debugging on MSDN.
- On the web server, right-click on the Remote Debugging Monitor (msvmon) icon. Select Run as administrator. The msvmon icon was added to your desktop when you completed the remote debugging setup in step 1.
The Remote Debugging Monitor displays a message containing the name of the server and the port that you use for the connection. It uses the format: <servername>:<port>. In step 6, enter this information in the Qualifier box.
- In Relativity, upload a copy of your event handler .dll through the Resource Files tab.
See Resource files on the Relativity Server2021 Documentation site.
- Locate the Symbol files (.pdb) in the bin or other folder in your project, and upload them on the Resource Files tab as described in step 3.
- On your workstation, open your event handler project in Visual Studio.
- Attach the debugger to the w3wp.exe processes:
- Click Debug and then click Attach to Process.
- Enter <servername>:<port> in the Qualifier box. By default, the port is 4016. The system prompts you for the Windows credentials of an admin on the server, if you aren't one.
- Select the w3wp.exe processes in the Available Processes box.
- Click Attach.
- On the Relativity server, check the status of the Remote Debugging Monitor in Visual Studio. It should indicate that you are connected.
- After you finish debugging, delete the the .pdb files from the Resource Files tab in Relativity.